In the midst of continuing changes the constant in our lives and ministry is the abiding presence of the Lord and for Him we are most grateful. We are also most thankful for our ministry partners who continue to be faithful in supporting us and the growing ministry the Lord has given us.
Here are the most recent things we are praising God for having done and the prayers that we are lifting up to God, trusting Him who is always faithful. Thank you for joining us in prayer as we serve the Lord in the southwestern mountains of Honduras.
- We are praising God for a very successful matching grant capital campaign. He provided, through our generous and faithful supporters, the matching $100,000 that the ministry needed to purchase the home and begin construction to expand our capacity at LCDR.
- We are praising God for the health of everyone at La Casa De Rubén. We have not completely escaped the effects of the pandemic but when affected it has been very minor. Our patient guests continue to get stronger and gain more mobility and independence.
- We are praising God for the continuing improvements and gains being experienced by the two boys we have been treating at LCDR. Yovin, despite a diagnosis of a permanently paralyzed right arm, he is now raising that arm at the shoulder and bending it at the elbow. Through the power of prayer and physical therapy God is doing a miracle in this now 15 month old boy. Please pray for God to continue to rewire the nerves so that he will gain full use of his wrist, hands and fingers.
- We are praising God for Bayron’s successful surgery on his legs and the gains he has made since. His legs continue to get stronger and he continues to be able to walk further with increasing stability. Please pray for God to continue to restore this boy’s legs and feet so that he can walk again. Also please pray for him as we have begun some neurological testing due to some other concerns.
- Please pray for the children and adults with physical disabilities who are on our waiting list. We are inching closer to being able to start receiving some of them at LCDR.
- Please pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of everyone at La Casa De Rubén.
- Please continue to pray for Marlen and her studies. She will be starting 10th grade on March 1st.
- Please pray for God to provide scholarship funds for 4 new college students that were added to the program a couple of months ago.
- Please pray for Rosalina and Rubén as they begin the equivalent of an in-home/virtual GED program at LCDR. They have both begun 7th grade this week.
- Please pray for a physical therapist friend of ours coming on March 1st. Please pray for safe travels and for an effective time of teaching and patient consultations at the physical therapy center.
- Please pray for our other teams who are making plans to come later in the year.
- Please pray for the Lord to bring us new monthly supporters so that we can continue providing college scholarships to outstanding students, and expand operations at LCDR.
- Please pray for Jean and me as we navigate through some staffing changes that have recently taken place in our ministry and as we manage the growth and new opportunities that God is bringing.
- Please pray for Pastor Emilio, his family, and Ministerio Torre Fuerte here in La Campa. Please pray for peace, protection, wisdom, and continued spiritual growth and impact in the churches and communities represented by this ministry.
- Please pray for Pastor Jorge, his family, and his ministry in Caiquin, Coalaca and Mataras de Caiquin. Please pray for peace, protection, wisdom, and continued spiritual growth and impact in the churches and communities represented by this ministry.