Serving in Honduras is not limited only to coming to visit although that is important. We are always looking for those who are interested in coming alongside us to be the hands and feet on the ground. For most this is accomplished through a short term mission trip.
But what if you have more time available and would like the opportunity to be here for much longer than one week? Are you a student considering an overseas internship? We have that opportunity available, please contact us for more information.
But what if you can’t come to Honduras and you still want to help? There are many ways for you to volunteer without coming to Honduras. Here are just a few examples of ways you can help:
- Do you have connections in the medical or dental fields? Perhaps you could help us find equipment, medicines, vitamins, or other financial support for our community medical programs. Or maybe you can help us find medical professionals who can come to Honduras to perform procedures or teach Honduran medical professionals new techniques.
- Do you have experience with international logistics?
- Are you an attorney or CPA who might be willing to volunteer some of your services or be available for consultations?
- Are you a networker? Some people have that gift and ability-perhaps you’d consider networking on our behalf.
- Are you bilingual and enjoy translating documents?
- Could you be our stateside ministry advocate? We can only come to the states once per year so we could use some help developing new strategic partnerships with churches, Sunday school classes, or other organizations who might be interested in joining us.
- Do you have sales experience? Would you consider helping us to find new churches who would like to support our ministry by serving our coffee?
- Do you have experience with community development programs or connections in this field?
These are just a few ideas of ways that you could make a difference in Honduras without coming here personally. If you have any other ideas or questions please contact us so we can explore the possibilities together.