Please read below for updates on previous prayer requests, new prayer requests, and praises for what God has done.
Prayers and praises so often go hand in hand that it can be hard to follow when they are split between different sections so we have combined them by topic. Where combined the prayers will be in black and the praises will be in red.
It has been so exciting and fulfilling to minister with the clearer focus that the Lord has helped us to develop over the last several months. We are so thankful for the ministry partners who have chosen to come alongside of us and commit their efforts and resources in the particular communities and projects that the Lord has shown that are for us. Please pray and rejoice with us in the following:
- Please continue to pray for our new organizations that have been formed to allow us to pursue the new ministry opportunities the Lord has brought to us. Family Health & Development Foundation Honduras (FHD Honduras for short) is the Honduras non-profit organization; FHD Missions, Inc. is the complementary U.S. non-profit organization that will serve to support and guide the activities of FHD Honduras. Please pray specifically for us to find the right CPA firm who can help us file and receive approval of 501c3 status for FHD Missions, Inc. We praise God for His favor and wisdom in the creation of these new organizations. We ask for prayer for Jean and me and for the boards of both organizations as we work to establish and fund the projects that are being developed.
- Part of our renewed focus led us to “adopt” four communities so please continue with us in prayer for Coalaca/Pastor Jorge, La Jagua/Pastor Claudio, Mezcalillo and Cruz Alta/Pastor Tulio. These are the communities where we will invest most of our ministry time and resources more consistently to encourage growth and transformation. We praise God for the time that we have spent in these communities with the teams that have come in 2019. They have been a blessing to us and many in these communities.
- Please continue to pray for Frontline Missions with whom we continue to serve in Honduras. It has been a long season of change for Frontline. Please pray for wisdom for everyone serving with Frontline to know how and where to serve the Lord. Please pray for Heidi Winter and the board as they work together to establish a clear vision and direction for Frontline Missions. Praise God for how He continues to use Frontline Missions in our lives, in Honduras, and in many other places around the world.
- Many of you have prayed for a long time about our old truck and we are happy to report that we no longer need prayers for the old Mazda as we have been able to purchase a new base model Toyota. We praise God for the generous donations we have received to help us with the cost of this new truck. We praise God for having a reliable truck with which to do our ministry. A good truck is transportation of course, but it is a vital tool for us in our ministry.
- Please continue to pray for our young friend Rubén from Mezcalillo. He has been doing much better since the last report, so thank you for your prayers for him. He has been the inspiration for our first Foundation project that will help him get the care that he needs and we are looking forward to moving him into La Casa De Rubén by the end of this month.
- We need to ask you to continue to pray for La Casa De Rubén. La Casa De Rubén will be the place for him and others like him, to stay near to the physical therapy they need in the city of Gracias in order to regain mobility and independence. The needs are great for this project so please pray for wisdom and funding. Please prayerfully consider how you could be a part of this project with us. There are many ways to partner with us in this project. We praise God for the donations that we have received to help with construction of two extra bedrooms and a bathroom, and to help us buy supplies needed to open La Casa De Rubén. We still have much more to go but we are trusting God to provide.
- Praise God for the first four teams that have come to Honduras this year and for the teams scheduled to come throughout the rest of the year.
- Please pray for a friend of ours from Georgia who is coming to spend a week with us in May to learn more about the ministry and to help us launch an exiting new program through FHD Honduras.
- Please pray for two friends of ours from Kentucky who are coming down later in May to help us with projects at La Casa De Rubén.
- Please pray for favor as we travel to Tegucigalpa for the annual renewal of our residency cards on May 2nd. Our papers are good for another year so the process is much less complicated this time. However, please pray that we receive our new cards as quickly as possible as it is very hard to do much of anything here with the temporary papers they give us while we wait for the new cards.
- Please pray for Pastor Emilio, his family, and Ministerio Torre Fuerte here in La Campa. Please pray for peace, protection, wisdom, and continued spiritual growth and impact in the communities represented by this ministry.
- Please pray for Pastor Jorge, his family, and his ministry in Caiquin, Coalaca and Mataras de Caiquin. Please pray for peace, protection, wisdom, and continued spiritual growth and impact in the communities represented by this ministry.